Here is a list of some of the helplines available in Canada for children and adolescents who are struggling with anxiety and depression:
- Kids Help Phone: A confidential and anonymous helpline for young people, available 24/7 at 1-800-668-6868.
- Youth Space: An online and text-based support service for young people who are struggling with mental health and wellness, available from 4:00pm to 10:00pm PT at 604-737-6969.
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services: A service provided by the government of British Columbia that offers support and resources for children, youth and families who are struggling with mental health issues, reachable at 1-800-665-1822.
- Hope for Wellness Help Line: A toll-free, culturally safe and confidential mental health support line for Indigenous peoples, available 24/7 at 1-855-242-3310.
- ConnexOntario: A province-wide information and referral service that connects individuals with mental health and addiction services, available 24/7 at 1-866-531-2600.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) Youth Services: A program that provides specialized mental health services for young people, reachable at 416-535-8501 in Toronto or 1-800-456-4566 outside of Toronto.
- Mind Your Mind: A website that provides information, resources and tools for young people who are struggling with mental health and wellness, available at mindyourmind.ca.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and there may be other resources available. It is important to reach out for help if you or someone you know is struggling with anxiety or depression.